Ramakrishna Math – Rishikesh
(A branch center of Ramakrishna Math & Mission with Head Quarters at Belur Math, Howrah)
MOTTO: The motto of the organizations is “ATMANO MOKSHARTHAM JAGAD HITAYA CHA”, “For one’s own salvation and for the welfare of the world”. It was formulated by Swami Vivekananda.
HEADQUARTERS: The headquarters of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission are situated at an area named Belur in the district of Howrah, West Bengal, India. The entire campus of the headquarters is popularly known as ‘Belur Math’. Sprawling over forty acres of land on the western bank of the river Hooghly (Ganga), the place is an hour’s drive from Kolkata.
RAMAKRISHNA MATH, RISHIKESH
P.O MAYAKHUND. (NAVA GHAT) Dt. DEHRADUN – 249201
- The holy town of Rishikesh, also known as the gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas, has served as the sadhana kshetra (place for spiritual practice) for the monks and spiritual seekers since time immemorial. The majestic Himalayas, serene Ganga and the picturesque environment in this holy town, have time and again attracted the weary souls to embark on a journey of going back to their ‘source’.
- Swami Vivekananda and many of Sri Sri Ramakrishna’s direct disciples had visited Rishikesh for their spiritual practices. Swami Kalyananandaji, one of the disciples of Swamiji Maharaj, came to Uttarakhand in 1902 and engaged himself in various service activities as commanded by his Guru. His activities were mostly centered around Haridwar and Rishikesh. Subsequently two branch centers of Belur Math came to be founded in these places sanctified by the life and mission of this great monk. The Ashrama at Rishikesh known as the “Ramakrishna Kutir” provides an opportunity for the monks of the order to continue with their ‘tapasya’ in this holy town. The center got upgraded to Ramakrishna Math, Rishikesh. Located on the banks of the Ganga, the ashrama has a rich history. The small bamboo cottage housing the shrine of Sri Sri Thakur, Holy Mother and Swami Vivekananda, has been set up at the place where revered Swami Vireswaranandaji Maharaj, the 10th President of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission, performed his spiritual penances. The Panchavati, where he did his sadhana, is still there for the devotees to see and worship.
- Remaining true to its rich spiritual legacy, the Ramakrishna Math, Rishikesh is continuing with the activities like sadhu seva (serving the monks who come here to perform austerities) and daridra narayana seva (serving poor people as God).
a) Daily Morning Puja, Vedic Chanting, Evening Prayer with Bhajans and reading from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna.
b) Ramanam Sankirtan on Ekadasi days.
c) Celebrating festivals like Sri Rama Navami, Sri Krishna Janmashtami, Guru Purnima etc.
d) Observing the birthdays of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other direct disciples of Sri Ramakrishna.
e) Conducting spiritual retreats (Sadhana Karyakrama) for devotees.
f) Conducting spiritual discourses in the Math – on the Gita in the mornings and on the Upanishads in the evenings, and visiting other places on invitation to deliver spiritual discourses.
a) A library with a reading room having some periodicals and 1030 books on various subjects in different languages like English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Bengali, Tamil and Telugu.
b) Propagating the ideas of Sri Ramakrishna and spreading the message of Vedanta, along with distribution of related literature.
c) Apart from the above activities, spiritual counsel is given for the devotees.
- Sadhu Seva.
- Feeding the poor & the children with milk and other nutrients and nourishments.
- Annadana and Milk Distribution for Monks who come here for sadhana.
- Other Charitable Activities: Winter Relief, Disaster Relief and Covid–19 Relief etc.
It will not be possible for the Ashrama, which is still in its infancy, to carry on these activities without your generous support.
- Your valuable contributions may kindly be sent in the name of “RAMAKRISHNA MATH, RISHIKESH” by Cheque/ Draft/ Online remittance. All donations to the Ramakrishna Math, Rishikesh are exempted from Income Tax under 80 G of IT Act.
Your full address and pan number may kindly be intimated by phone, message or email so that we can send our Bank details to you.
Praying to the Holy Trinity to bless you all in serving the Lord and His children.
|Weathering course for the existing monks quarters 3 buildings. 2304 sqft @200.||4.6 lakhs|
|Puja & Celebrations (Jayanti of the Holy Trinity & National Youth Day)||1.0 lakhs|
|Sadhu Seva. 4* 5000*12||2.4 lakh|
|Maintenance of the Math (painting, repairs etc.)||3.0 lakhs|
|Annadana, Milk and Medicine for Monks who come here for sadhana. 20* Rs 50* 365 days||3.6 lakhs|
|Other Charitable Activities. Medical camps for the Tribal & the poor of Garhwal region (Vehicle, Medicines etc.)||10.0 lakhs|
|Feeding the poor children with milk and other nutrients and nourishments – Rs 30000/month x 12||3.6 lakhs|
(A branch centre of Ramakrishna Math & Mission with Head Quarters at Belur Math, Howrah)
RISHIKESH, P.O MAYAKHUND. (NAVA GHAT) Dt. DEHRADUN – 249 201
Phone no: 98494 67222. Email: email@example.com